Monday, September 21, 2009

Dragon Breath


I noticed this rather large metal dragon sitting atop a retail strip center and was drawn to its unusual (!) appearance and location. It is very similar to the enormous metal creature I featured back in July (at Tampa Daily Photo HERE) and this dragon could have been made by that same super creative team of metal artisans. (Click the photo at left to see the complete design.) If it's intended to draw the attention of passersby to their jewelry business, then the owners have succeeded. This dragon is the oddest watch and jewelry salesman I've ever seen but if s/he produces, then I say feed it and keep it very happy. (Would you want to come home every night to this thing greeting you at the front door?!! ... honey, have you seen the dog?)

7 comments:

  1. I am rapidly becoming convinced that Tampa is the home of a serious number of wackos. Sheesh! This is amazing, as are so many of your posts.

    It's actually kind of fun, though. Maybe I should move to Tampa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jacob - That's great but let me know first so I can let the dragon off his leash.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,
    Magnifique et très impressionnant .Merci pour cette promenade sur le blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is an attention getter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don´t know if I would buy their watches based on that but at least it´s something to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have some amazing things in Tampa Frank. Great shot of the dragon.

    ReplyDelete